GST Registration 2299 /- (For Registration)
Register Goods & Service Tax Important Points
- GST Registration in 4 days.
- Completely online service- No physical presence required.
- Mandatory for manufacturer, trader and service provider in India.
What is a meaning of Goods & Services Tax (GST)?
GST is an indirect tax which is applicable on all supply of goods & services in India. GST shall be levied in place of existing sales tax, VAT, excise duty, customs, service tax, luxury tax etc. If you are supplying goods and services in India, then it is mandatory to take the GST registration.
How to register for GST in India?
GST registration is a complete online procedure which is done by applying on GSTN website directly. All supporting documents are uploaded on the GSTn directly and once, they are fine, registration is granted. Let us understand it in three steps:
# Arrange documents: The first step is to arrange all documents which are required for GST registration. Further, since GST is a completely new tax, one should get the documents checked by a professional to avoid the rejection from the department.
# File application: After arranging all the documents, one should file the documents along with online application on the GSTN website. Make sure all the documents uploaded are off appropriate size otherwise you will face uploading problem.
# GST registration: If the government officer finds all the documents in place, then they shall issue the GST registration certificate in India. It generally takes 3 to 5 days for GST registration.
Documents Required for Online GST Registration in India
Business related proof
- Passport Size Photo
- Partnership Deed/Registration Proof like COI
- Copy of Bank Statement
- Authorization Form
For Address Proof
- Ownership Proof (Electricity Bill etc) – if property is owned.
- Rent Agreement (if property is on rent)
- NOC (Download format)
GST Registration Procedure in India
We have well prepared and experience team working to decode GST in the most easiest way possible. Therefore, we have divided the GST registration procedure in three steps:
# Step 1 – Arrange all required documents: The first step is to arrange all the required documents as said above. Further, on submitting to us the required documents, you shall be required to pay our fees in advance.
# Step 2 – Application filing and response: After filing the application form along with the required document in form GST Reg 1, we shall wait for at least 3 days for the response on the application.
# Step 3 – GST registration & Compliance: If the documents and application filed in is place, then the department shall be issued the GST registration certificate and after that you need to file 3 monthly returns.
Exemption & Remedies under GST
There are basically two types of exemption and remedies available to the taxpayer, one is basic exemption and another is the composition scheme. Let us understand both:
1. BASIC EXEMPTION UNDER GST: As per the GST law, if any person supplies goods or services for the value of more than Rs.20 lakh, then GST registration shall be mandatory and he shall have to apply for GST registration within 30 days.
Further, the basic exemption of Rs.20 lakh is not applicable for north eastern states including Jammu & Kashmir (J&k), Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizroram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura, Himanchal Pradesh and Uttrakhand. For these states, the basic exemption limit is Rs.10 lakh.
2. COMPOSITION SCHEME (LEVY) UNDER GST:To avail the composition scheme, one must apply to the department only if the total turnover is less than 75 lakh. Further, that person should not sell outside the state. The composition rate may be 2.5% in case of manufacturer and 1% in case of others.
Mandatory Requirements for GST Registration
Goods and Services Tax (GST) is a very new taxation system introduced by the government, hence, it is very important to understand the mandatory requirement for GST registration so that one can easily get the GST registration without any delay or rejection. Here are the mandatory requirements:
- Registration certificate in case of company, AOP, society and registration deed in case of partnership/trust
- Electricity bill/registry proof in property is owned or rent agreement in case property is on rent
- First page of bank statement/Bank passbook containing MICR code, IFSC code, Account number
- Authorization letter for GST registration
- Passport size photo
Compulsory/Mandatory Registration under GST
This is one of the most important information if you are planning to get GST registration. If you fall any of the category below that you need a compulsory GST registration irrespective of your turnover. E.g. if you fall in any category below, then your turnover is Rs.10 only then also you need to take the GST registration.
Here are 12 cases where GST registration is compulsory/mandatory irrespective of GST registration.
- Person making any inter state taxable supply.
- Casual taxable person making any taxable supply.
- Persons who are required to pay tax under Reverse Charge.
- Non resident taxable person making any taxable supply.
- Persons who are required to pay tax under Reverse Charge.
- Persons who are required to deduct TDS (Govt Departments).
- Person supplying goods/services on behalf of someone else (agent)
- Input service Distributor – Whether or not register.
- Person selling on e-commerce platform like Flipkart, amazon etc.
- Every e-commerce operator – Flipkart, amazon, snapdeal etc.
- Every person providing online information database access from outside India – AWS, Godaddy etc.
- Anything else notified by the Government from time to time.
Cases where GST Registration is not Required
There are only two cases where GST registration is not required at all even if the turnover is more than 20 lakh. The two cases are as follows:
1. PERSON SUPPLYING EXEMPTED GOODS/SERVICES
If a person is engaged exclusively in the business of supplying goods or services or both which is either not liable to tax or is wholly exempt, then he shall not be required to register under GST.
2. AN AGRICULTURIST TO THE EXTENT OF SUPPLY OF PRODUCE OUT OF CULTIVATION OF LAND
An agriculturist means an individual or a HUF who undertakes cultivation of land by own or by use of labor.
Compliances after GST Registration
There are so many compliance under GST and if not complied properly, then there is a provision of high penalties.Here are three main compliance:
Under GST regime, each and every invoice shall be uploaded on GSTN portal to generate reference no. before making supply.
There are 3 monthly returns which are required to be filed on the basis of invoices uploaded. (GSTR 1, 2 & 3)
There is one annual return as well which is also required to be filed.