Starting from 499/- (Per Return)
What is a meaning of Goods & Services Tax (GST) Return?
GST return Online & GST Registrations are documents which are filed with the GST department stating every information which is required under the law. Further, every registered person shall need to file the GST Return Online & GST Registrations and which is recommended via software. If your turnover is more than 20 lakh, then you need to get registered and file 3 monthly GST return (GSTR 1, 2 and 3)
How to file GST return online in India?
Filing of GST return is not a simple task rather it is a very complicated procedure. Hence, one should purchase a software to file the GST Return Online & GST Registrations. Basically, there are three steps to file the GST Return Online & GST Registrations:
- Upload invoices before making supply: As per GST law, every registered person need to upload the invoices on the GST portal against which they will be issue invoice reference number. Once invoices are properly uploaded on the GST portal or the software, then we can proceed to next step.
- File GSTR 1, GSTR 2 & GSTR 3: Once invoices are uploaded on the software, you need to file the 3 GST Return Online & GST Registrations, i.e. Outward return, Inward return and cumulative monthly return. After filing, if there is any error, then you must correct it and refile the return.
- Matching of Return: Under GST, each return is matched with another return and if there is any difference, they you must edit, modify and correct it.
Documents Required for Online GST Return Filing in India
For GST return filing, there is no formal set of documents required. The GST returns shall be completely dependent upon the invoices created under GST. Hence, creation of invoices shall serve as base for filing the GST return in India.Further, to file the GST return, you must follow a standard guidelines:
- Prepare each and every invoice as per the GST law.
- Further, each product shall be categorized as per the HSN code.
- Try to maintain invoices details in a format given in the GST software.
- Once invoices are uploaded, you can easily file the monthly returns.
GST Monthly Return Filing Procedure
GST monthly return filing is a little complex task as matching and reversal task are also involved under GSTR return filing procedure. If there is any discrepancy in filing between seller and buyer, then the same has to be reconciled. Let us understand the full procedure:
# Step 1 : The person shall file the outward supply return in GSTR 1 before tenth of the month succeeding the said tax period.
# Step 2 : Details of outward supplies furnished by the supplier shall be made available to the recipient in FORM GSTR 2A.
# Step 3 : Recipient shall verify, validate, modify the details relating to outward supplies and may also file details of credit or debit notes.
# Step 4 : After verification, recipient shall furnish,the details of inward supplies of taxable goods and /or services in FORM GSTR – 2.
# Step 5 : The details of inward supplies by the recipient shall be made available in FORM GSTR-1A and supplier may either accept or reject the modifications.
# Step 6 : If the details provided remained unmatched, then the person shall rectify such error or omission in the tax period during which such error is noticed.
There are various returns to be filed under GST law. The most common are GSTR 1, GSTR 2 and GST 3, because they need to file them monthly.
Types of GST Returns and their due dates
|Types||Details about GST Return||By When?||By Whom?|
|GSTR – 1||Outward return (Details about your sales/ Supplies made during month)||10th of next month||Registered person except few|
|GSTR – 2||Inward return (Details about your purchases made during month)||15th of next month||Registered person except few|
|GSTR – 3||Month return (for cumulative records of inward and outward made during month)||20th of next month||Registered person except few|
|GSTR – 4||A return by Composite dealer (a person availing such service with supplies < Rs. 50 lakh)||18th of next quarter||Composite dealer only|
|GSTR – 5||Monthly return by Non resident taxable person||13th of next month||Registered non resident|
|GSTR – 6||Monthly return by input service distributor||13th of next month||Input service distribute|
|GSTR – 7||Person who are required to deduct TDS||10th of next month||Prescribed persons|
|GSTR – 8||E-commerce market places who are required to deduct TDS||18th of next quarter||Registered person except few|
|GSTR – 9||Annual Return||31th of next year||Every Registered Person|
Mandatory Requirements for GST Return Filing Online
As we all know that compliances under GST are more complex than ever before. Each month, company needs to file at-least three returns monthly. Further, each and every invoice shall be uploaded on the GSTN portal. Hence, the mandatory requirements for GST return filings are as follows:
- You need to prepare a complete details of all purchases made during the month which is to be filed by 15th of the month.
- You need to prepare a complete details of all sales made during the month which is to be filed by 20th of the following month.
However, the two categories of people are not allowed to revise the returns which are as follows:
- Person required to deduct TDS
- Registered non taxable person
Revised return shall not be allowed after the due date for furnishing of return for the month of September or second quarter, as the case may be, following the end of the financial year, or the actual date of furnishing of relevant annual return, whichever is earlier.